Friday 13 November 2009

On Collins Avenue

Let's light up this dreary, dark, gray Friday the 13th with a little hint of bright colour!  In search of a little tiny something to lift my spirits, I headed to Kicks yesterday to raid their extensive nail polish collection.  Lo and behold, I found exactly the shade I was looking for, here in Helsinki!  Both my fingers and toes are now painted a larger-than-life coral pink, courtesy of OPI's "On Collins Ave".  This Barbie shade of red (which, by the way, completely sold out in the US earlier this year) is definitely better suited for tanned summertime holiday tootsies than washed out scandinavian winter skin.  So the fake tanners may well be making an appearance this weekend...

Where and what exactly is this Collins Avenue, which has inspired such an uplifting shade of red?  I should have known... Miami Beach, where else!  Collins Avenue, or the Strip of Miami as it's known, is home to many of the famous art deco hotels Miami is so renowned for.  Collins Avenue also houses some more recent luxury hotels, night clubs, fabulous shopping, stretching all the way down to South Beach.  Could this be fate?  Either way, sounds like my kind of place!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails