Thursday 12 November 2009

November's top list, so far

My top things for November include:
Moving into my fiance's beautiful tower apartment in Kruununhaka.  I love it!

- Interior decorating my fiance's place (still can't get myself to say our place... Not til we're married!)

- Sticking up for myself and walking away from a completely unacceptable work situation.  I've realised that the most important things to me are my fiance, and my own personal happiness.  You have to follow your dreams, and live in the moment, rather than always in the future.  Happiness is made up of all those small wonderful every-day moments, ones you need the time and energy to recognise and enjoy.  Oh yes, and my family are up there too, but as long as I'm happy, they're there with me.

- (Re)-discovering Clarins beauty products.  The Multi-Active day and night creams, body oils, as well as the face and body scrubs, toning lotion for dry skin, and foaming cleanser for dry skin are saving my skin this winter.  I haven't lived in such a cold, dry climate in 12 years, and my skin was not liking it.  I've found my saviours!  Those who know me well will also understand the irony in this entry...

- Having time to dream.  I'm a dreamer by nature, and I've now got time to think about what I want from life.

- Hot drinks (tea is the order of the day, my poor nerves aren't coping with coffee at the moment) whilst nestled up inside.  Taste even better if it's snowing!

- Lighting candles.  They soften the mood, look romantic, bring light and warmth, and lovely scents too! We've been burning them every night, and I'm loving it.

- All sorts of Christmas c**p!  It's November, and because we don't have Thanksgiving here in Finland to distract us, we're now officially allowed to talk, think and plan Christmas.  My fiance and I and have our stockings hung up by the fireplace.  Much as I would have liked to hang up a sexy silk stocking, it just doesn't fit as many presents ;)

- Light therapy.  I'm beginning to understand what SAD (seasonal affective disorder) is all about.  We bought an energy light a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to use it as often as possible, and trying to remember to take my vitamin D, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails