Monday 31 August 2009

Helsinki Inspiration

Inspiration, enfatuation, discovery, self-discovery, adventure... these are the things I'll be looking for as I enter the cold, cool, clean, crisp, blue-skied, white-summered, minimalist country far up north. Finland.
I've been away so long that I imagine it a floating around in an almost dream-like state, high up in the clouds sheltered away from the rest of the world, a place where colours are basic and magnified, and natural elements rule.
My romantic visions are about to be shattered next Saturday as our plane lands at Helsinki-Vantaa, and we begin the search for a new home whilst living out of suitcases for the next who knows how long. Still, I expect inspiration, enfatuation, discovery, self-discovery, and adventure. I expect to be inspired once again by my home town, and expect to bring inspiration.
The purpose of this blog is to serve as an outlet for my thoughts, sometimes about my hometown, sometimes about design, interior decorating, fashion, music, travel, current events... Let's see how this thing evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails